Friday, December 23, 2011

what is my heart made of?

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.
- Proverbs 17: 3



what is my heart made of?

I had a really really really nice time with jess buddy at lunch that day. so engrossed talking to her i forgot to take photos. haha

it's wonderful how we feel the same abt the same issues, and its good to know she's such a solid rock in Christ.

because when i think im about to make wrong decisions, sometimes i will think about how she will react if i told her. and yea. imagining her reactions is really quite a strong influence in some of my decision making. hahah.



anw, as i was telling her. i always pray that God will make my heart a bit bigger everyday to help me accommodate and love more people, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

but recently, i thought abt it, and i realised discernment and wisdom is just as important. because a lot of the time, the road to destruction is paved with the best of intentions. so i've been reading a lot of proverbs recently, and really thinking about it.


anyway, what i found out is, that the number one sin is PRIDE!


oh no! ):

but anyway, one other cool thing i found out, is that so far, God only talks about what sins He hates, but not one time did God say He hates the sinner.

I found that comforting.


so yes, i've been asking myself. what is my heart made of? ):


having buddy around sometimes helps. once i was going on and on about how critical and judgmental some of the dancers are. and jess gave me a funny look. and i realized that oh dear, i'm JUST THE SAME.

it's quite a slap in the face to realise that actually. and quite embarrassing. but yea, isnt it good that i have a buddy to point it out? (:


and yupss, sometimes while shopping for costumes etc, us senior girls tend to keep criticizing our dear juniors. but really, we shouldnt be mean girls ):


Dear Lord, make my heart soft, loving, and forgiving. Lord, give me wisdom to know how to draw fine lines, and how best to love and encourage.


Lord, I still want to be set apart for You. and I pray that when people interact or work with me, that I will love them unconditionally like You do, and that hopefully, they will see a bit of You too.


and yet, at the same time, Lord, I pray that You will guard my heart closely.


A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that he has to find Christ's heart first in order to find hers.

of course, the same is true of a woman. I should have to find Christ's heart first, in order to find the heart of a man of God.

haha sigh, these things are tough. God give me wisdom please.

sometimes i do get discouraged too. haha, n i wish jess buddy was there with me.


Another nice quote by Max Lucado:

“He saw you cast into a river of life you didn't request. He saw you betrayed by those you love. He saw you with a body that gets sick and a heart that grows weak. He saw you in your own garden of gnarled trees and sleeping friends. He saw you staring into the pit of your own failures and the mouth of your own grave. He saw you in your own garden of Gethsemane and he didn't want you to be alone ... He would rather go to hell for you than to heaven without you.”

No comments: