Saturday, August 10, 2013

Weekend (:

1. Orana Wildlife Park 

Finally got to go to the wildlife park that I really wanted to visit! A friend took me out to visit, and it was a good thing I brought my NZ student ID, because we got concession! haha, it wasn't great weather though, it was misty, foggy and damp, so being outdoors for an extended period of time.. made me freeze even though I was bundled up in all my warmest layers.

It was an open range zoo, so it was quite exciting that we got quite up close to some of the animals!! I have never touched a zebra or giraffe, so it was very very fun to do that!!!  I was thrilled. hahah

 so exciting!!! it was so close that we could stroke it!!!! ahhhhhh :D



Did you know the tongue is black in color? haha, it licked me


 I was also super excited to feed the zebra, and from nat geo wild, you can't see that zebras have hair, but they really seem a lot like horses. Except they're fiercer. They were kicking each other to fight for the grass we were feeding them. hahha


and this is my friend who took me to the park. He is a giant and I am a dwarf. He is all of 1.92 cm!!!! I think he is probably my tallest friend. hahah

We also went to tour the Canterbury museum briefly, nothing special there because I've already seen it a couple of times previously. haha



2. Singapore National Day Dinner! 

I was at a table full of Malaysians, so I felt especially patriotic that night. :D Our table was pretty awesome, Z and his friends were really entertaining and self amused, so it was quite fun being around them haha.

I enjoyed the food too, I really wanted Asian food, so it was good to have a 13 course chinese meal! haha




Only managed to take pics of some of the food haha

Some of the appetisers- sliced beef, black fungus, spring rolls, red bean pancakes, deep fried squid (Z's favourite lols)




Wonton with beef! So cute, because we had to stuff the thing ourselves

Noodless

really nice roast duck




Desserts of colourful jelly and kuehs haha

Z and I (:

Fun night!!! (: Sad that I can't attend the Law Ball or the Malaysian Ball with Z this year, but at least I managed to catch the Singapore dinner within the short time i'm here haha (:


No comments: