Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The End.

I saw this on thought catalogue, and it seems to capture what I can't put into words

When it ended, the exchange was like a movie; it was all so smooth and frictionless. This should have been expected; all love ends in heartbreak. This event was merely the final emission of what had long since taken place, had already happened.

I stared at his face, observing him, feeling myself transform in his eyes from a lover into a stranger. A force field enwraps him; I feel him falling away from me at an exponential speed.

There are millions of ways to rationalize what happened, and why. You can come up with so many logical excuses, so many narratives to justify it all away. It seems to me, though, that it boils down to just one fundamental thing: Falling in love is, if not easy, then at least commonplace. Coordinating your love with another – that is difficult, that is miraculous because it entails sacrifice. A sacrifice: I today am either too young to make just yet, or perhaps just too selfish.

Article by Andrea Benito here: http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/all-love-ends-in-heartbreak/

No comments: