Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1. Costas Taverna 

Z had wanted to take me to this place for ages, and recently it moved up the rankings to be number 1 on tripadvisor for Christchurch! 

The others in the top three are Kinji Japanese and St Germain French.

So now we've tried Costas and St Germain, and I think we're going to have Kinji on monday just before i leave. I am eating toooo well in Christchurch, that's why i'm over budget for my trip.

The food at Costas was really good though, we had an entree, 2 mains and 2 mini desserts and the bill came up to about $80 for two, which is quite affordable considering it's number 1. haha


 this is a 4 cheese filo pastry with yoghurt and salad. It was really melt in your mouth kind of comfort food.

 Z had the house special, which was something like lamb in a pot. I don't quite fancy  lamb, but he says it was fantastic

 I loved the fish with mash and lemon cream sauce and seasonal veges. I wish i could eat this all dayyy!

we had mini cinnamon donuts and baklava. the donuts taste like churros to me :D

2. Addington Coffee Co-op

We also went for brunch at the addington coffee co-op, which is supposedly one of the best brunch places in town, and it's really cool because it used to be a garage, and it's now turned into a huge cafe.

We had salmon omelette with cream cheese and spinach, potato rosti, poached eggs, bacon, sausages and tomatoesss

so yummy ((: i was in such a good mood after breakfast, and there was a cute shop selling all sorts of knick knacks, and we got cottage fudge with bailey's liquor yumyum (:

3. Fieldwork

But it is also not true that all i do is play. In fact, I'm working very hard I think

I've been going out for interviews everyday, and checking out all the transitional sites around the city. I really walk a lot here!
 This is the cathedral that has been badly damaged. It's actually fenced up, I took a picture through the fence.

 it's quite a sight, it's lovely now in its own way though. With crumbling walls and a caved in roods, there are birds circling the spire, and there is a melancholic beauty to the whole scene, looking slightly forlorn without the usual throngs of tourists that flood it.


and this is the gapfiller organisation's paller pavilion! (: It looks like a fort built of wooden blue crates, and the middle houses a little pop up cafe, and a stage for live music or public talks etc.


and not too far from the pallet pavilion, are the transitional arches, a piece of art installation that is quite pretty to look at really.

I'm glad to have gone around to look at all these sites for myself, instead of just on the website. haha the creative energy in Christchurch is just tremendous and buzzing all around!

No comments: