Thursday, August 22, 2013

Last Chch Post

I should probably finish up my NZ posts before I plunge head first into the pile of readings that await me ): I have spent 2 days so far printing them out, and I'm not even done ):  on a side note, i really missed my little sis while i was in nz, so glad to see her again (:

Last few days in NZ were a flurry of activity, last interviews, last meet ups, last dates with Z, last shopping trips, last meals at my favourite places!!!

1. Pagani dresses !!!

omgosh, on the way back from one of my interviews, I chanced upon a lovely boutique. It was like heaven for me!! I bought 4 dresses and one top for $165, which is about half the original price!! and the material is so soft and silky, and i love the cut and design of the dresses. Probably, no one is really interested in my ramblings about the dresses but I am just so happy every time I think about it.

((((((:





2. Cookie Time Factory 

One of my interviewees cancelled our interview suddenly, so I was left with nothing to do that afternoon, so i decided to take a trip down to the cookie time factory (:

I always love factories, especially chocolate factories, but I suppose cookies are good too!


My loot: 3.5kg of cookies to munch munch munch


3. More Brunches

I love Kiwi cafe culture, and so i took the chance whenever Z didn't have class in the morning to go for brunches with him (: It's lovely to linger and enjoy scrumptious brekkie and ice chocolate



4. Meeting friends!

Finally managed to catch the busy uni people after their final tests and all!

Met Dylan at the chocolate lounge, and boy this recommendation was good! Definitely the best hot choc I've ever had, it's like molten liquid chocolate mixed with milk. so delicious!!!




and went for Japanese with H and J! (: I love how the korean/chinese/japanese food in chch is super authentic and cooked by chefs who originate from the place.

doesn't look like much, but very yummy katsu curry rice.


and this is H, my pretty friend! (:

5. Cupcakes 

Z and I bought groupons for cupcakes, which cost 4.80 originally, and are now half price! They are so beautiful, and the cream is very good. My verdict, however, is that 12 cupcakes is more moist and cheaper as well. The cream on these cakes are very very good though.





6. Z taking me to eat whatever I want 

haha he was a real sweetie to accomodate me in whatever I wanted to before I left!

We had pizza and pasta at La Porchetta, and it's been a long standing joke that I should take Z there, because I've been there with quite other guys that we wondered if the waitress would recognise me always with a different guy hahah. anyway it was good! yummy!



and we had crispy roast pork with kumara and potatos and pumpkin, roast is always good (:

Last year before I left chch, we had japanese at Samurai Bowl, so we decided to do the same as well this year.




No comments: