Friday, April 05, 2013

Skin

I've had enough of my problematic skin which has been troubling me for ages and ages. my secret wish has always been that i can peel my whole face off and start anew.

Not only is cystic acne ugly and disfiguring, it is also so painful >:[

for example, i've had acne on the weirdest places, like behind my ear? on top of my eye (this is the WORST, because it hurts everytime i blink. i've never been more acutely aware of how many times i need to blink) inside my nose? omgosh. i feel horrified writing about this. >:[

in the worst situations, i refuse, decline and worm my way out of social situations. i feel bad to do this, but i can't go out. but this is quite rare la. most of the times i just become very sad and maybe grumpy especially towards my bf.


i decided to go see a new dermatologist for my skin, and after doing some research, i decided to go to Dr Loke in Novena Medical centre.


He said that I have oily skin which is genetic and there's nothing i can actually do about it. So the only way is to control the oil production. I suggested if there might be anything wrong with my hormones, but he said that other people have hormonal problems too but the skin is not affected much cos they don't have oily skin. ):

so he gave me anitbiotics to control the current inflammations, oratane (a form of accutane) to control the oil, as well some lotion and cream.

well so far, its been 20 days into treatment!

i have to say that i haven't yet had a new breakout.. but that's also cos it's not the time of my cycle yet, so we'll see. but the major improvement i see is in the oil production. it is visibly much drier.

usually i have to redo my make up every 2 hours because the oil has melted it off and it looks terrible. Now i can go 4 hours and it's still ok, not even that much oil. if it doesn't sound like a big deal, it is to me ):

the bad side effect is that the rest of my skin that was originally not oily is now very dry. hahah, this is especially so on my lips. i suppose i'm not doing much kissing so it's ok, but it's quite irritating to have dry lips. ):

but if that's the price to pay for less oilier skin...


No comments: