Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Cosmo Beauty Shoot

i prob sound like an awestruck little girl, and i am!!! This was probably one of the most exciting shoots i've ever done in my life!!! omgoshh i still can't believe i got to be a part of it, even after the shoot is over.

 they had an open photo casting call for the advertorial and i applied. i felt like the luckiest girl ever when i was selected, along with one other lady. But i can't talk about the product i was advertising until the June issue of Cosmo is on the newsstand.

The shoot was just a half day thing, I reached very early, and had a chat with the photographer who frequently does commercial shoots for various magazines. i remember trying to breathe in deeply and look around, thinking that this is where the pictures of high fashion models come to life!

I sneaked a shot of the studio! it doesn't look like much now, but after the set up it looked so pro, too bad i didn't get to take a pic of it.

then the make up artist arrived, bringing a huge luggage of make up and hair stuff. :o i was partly nervous cos i am always nervous when i'm not wearing make up, except around my bf.  but i was also hopeful that she would work her magic and make me look nice. she was really friendly and sweet, and she did my foundation so nicely i looked like i had flawless skin with contours at least for the shoot. haha and she curled and blew my hair out in big glam waves. i tried to keep my eyes open when i could, so that i could learn how she did all those stuff and try to copy it at home. i feel inspired to go and buy a new set of make up, and she was giving me tips for skincare and make up too!!

Then the features editor and her assistant came and i was almost ready to start my shoot after changing into my outfit. It was quite stressful because it was a close up of my face and i'm not good with face shoots cos i tend to freeze and look stiff. :/ a huge light was in my face, and someone was standing by to blow my hair if needed, and the make up artist was there to touch up make up. felt so pampered and it felt really cool cos everything was so professionally done.

the stressful part was that the editor and assistant sat at the computer and so every shot would be immediately transferred to the computer, and they would magnify it to evaluate. it was really weird to watch people evaluating my face in front of me? hahaha, i think i took about 50-60 shots before they finally said 'okay! i think we got it'. that was the best thing to hear ever. the features editor was very nice and she said the pictures look great, but i think she might be just being nice to me.

I wonder what the layout of this advert will be!!! there's going to be a small before picture of a less attractive me, and then the bigger after picture. i hope they photoshop and work their magic!!!! even if i can't look like the cover supermodel, at least let me look nice so i can have a nice keepsake and addition to my small portfolio. (:

it was really a super awesome experience, and i was just so grateful and happy to have the chance. 

After the whirlwind of excitement, i removed some of the make up and went out to lunchhh. i camwhored a little bit, and was generally too excited to eat much. i only managed about half my lunch. hahaha


 the curls kinda died a little, cos i combed my hair :/ haha shouldnt have combed!!


talk about the shoot has made me all excited againnnn. :D thank u for bearing with me if u read all the way till here! lovelove

No comments: