Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy birthday to me in Lucca!

After a wonderful 8 days or so in Italy, it was time to say goodbye, on my birthday ): 

after checking out, i had one last pasta whilst waiting for T to get off school to help me with luggage. I love pasta, and even simple pastas are really yummy to me (: 



and i walked past this place called Venchi. I have a serious crepe obsession, and i couldn't resist getting this although it was so expensive (5 euros). most wonderful chocolate crepe ever, with thick chocolate and hazelnuts inside!!! it was so nice to simply enjoy crepes over the counter, surrounded by chocolate!


And i love how fresh pizza is available as a snack everywhere for 1 or 2 euros, and it's soft and moist unlike singapore's pizzas. it's simple too, you can get something with just cheese and tomato, no need for fancy toppings and it's delicious

After an afternoon of wandering around the quaint town of Lucca, we went to the restaurant that T made reservations at called Canuleia (:

very cozy and intimate place

complimentary tiramisu shot from the chef
 starters was mashed cod and potato. very yummy but very salty too haha
 risotto with calamari!!
 poached seabass with fennel

and a picture of us (:

and I had a surprise- molten chocolate lava cake with ice cream (:

haha it was a very relaxing evening spending some time with T before I flew off to poland, but we missed our last train back to Pisa!!! so it was quite an adventure because we ended up having to cab from lucca to pisa where our accom was haha, we joked about it being a luxurious way to end off my birthdayyy. im glad that although for most of the year we're apart, i got to spend my birthday together!

2 months before I see T again, this time back in Singapore for a good 2 or 3 months (: yay! I miss him already ):

love,
shermine

No comments: