Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Belgium Part 3: Bruges Day Trip

Bruges

So i went to Bruges with a friend I met in Brussels! (: It was a lucky thing for me, because he managed to get us 10 euro train tickets by buying through a local!!! Given the fact that I paid 17 euros for a shorter trip the day before, I was super glad for the discount (:

Bruges is an hour away from Brussels by train, and it is one of the most beautiful and picturesque small towns I've ever seen.



i shall make the picture extra large. no editing at all, it's just that gorgeous.



with cobblestones and brick buildings, it is almost like a medieval fairytale town.

there are even horse carriages oh myyy!!!

we stopped for a bite of churros and ice cream. (: perfect on a nice warm day

and the tall tower of Bruges, i forgot the name, but it's very pretty just like the rest of Bruges.

even the ordinary houses are so beautiful.

well, the only thing is that there's not much to do there. It's just super picturesque, with some nice cafes and restaurants, but there aren't much activities. Nice for a day trip, but it would be incredibly boring to live there I think. haha

and that concludes my week in Belgium! (: fantastic people, fantastic food, fantastic conference (: I am so glad I got to attend worldMUN. if only i'd started joining when i was in year 1!!!

Love,
Shermine

No comments: