Thursday, April 24, 2014

Florence Part 3

DAY 6: 
- Breakfast at Al Nannini
- Palazzo Pitti
- Piazzale Michelangelo 
- Lunch at Osteria Antica Mescita San Niccolo 
- Shopping
- Aperivito at Soul Kitchen
- Black Swan Gala Ballet 
- Gelato at Dei Neri

Day 6 in florence was packed full of activities! Met T early in the morning because he kindly helped me with my laundry, and we went for breakfast at a panini place. It's a huge serving chock full of fresh and yummy ingredients, sort of like an italian subway. I even had half left over for me to take on a picnic. haha 



afterwhich, T got me free tickets to go visit the palace called palazzo pitti. It is full of wonderful exhibits, and although we were not supposed to take pictures i simply couldn't resist.

this was the bedchamber of some noble or royal, and i loved how the walls are lined with beautiful silk. everything was so luxurious it was nice to even look at it.

and this was the costume gallery, where they showcased dresses and fashion from eras gone by

the palace grounds and gardens, where i had my own little picnic with the remainder of my sandwich haha

all the rooms in the palace had spectacular ceilings, frescoes and art work. Look at the intricate details of the art on this ceiling!!!

after touring palazzo pitti, i walked to piazzale Michelangelo, which boasts a good view of the Florentine skyline.  it was nice, but i don't think it was much different from the one i saw from fiesole. haha


but anyway i went to a lovely place for lunch, and had roast beef with pureed spinach! yum

in the evening I met T for Aperivito. It is a dining concept in which people order a drink (about 8 euros) and can help themselves to a free buffet. It was so fun!!! and the cheapo in me was super happy about it haha

Here's the menu of what they would be serving for that night.

there were so many good things to eat, like fried mushrooms, fried eggplants, omelettes with asparagus, pasta, risotto, pork and chicken in cream sauce, fries, ham and cheese, breads, etc

we were SO stuffed after a while, because the food was so good. It's hard to imagine that the locals eat this as a pre-dinner snack
 here are our drinks!

and here we are at the black swan gala ballet. It was good artistry, the dancers were all technically very sound and I enjoyed the dancing very much! Too bad about the lack of sets or props and live music.


and more gelato! cream cheese and chocolate are my favourite flavours i think

DAY 7:

Didn't do much at all this day, because I was sleeping the entire day. But T cooked dinner for me, and here's our delicious pasta with eggs.

and a picture of him at work in the kitchen :D lovely evening chilling together



DAY 8: A perfect Day
- Al Antico Panini
- Shopping for vintage couture
- Pre birthday dinner at Osteria Santo Spirito

T has been telling me that if there's one sandwich shop to try in Florence, it has to be Al Antico. So here we are, with our sandwiches. haha to be honest i prefer subwayyy but saying so makes me feel bad to the artisanal heritage of Tuscan paninis hahah


so after breakfast we went to explore Florence's streets together. (FINALLY he has time to wander with me just before I leave ) and we got my birthday present, which is a realllllyyy beautiful lilac vintage gown (: i'm so thrilled with it, and i'll post pictures of that next time!



and an early birthday dinner for me at a really yummy place in Florence
truffle gnocchi! pretty good but super rich and filling
this was fresh tomato cream with feta cheese, which was refreshing for a while, but we started to get sick of it after a bit
and awesome beef stew with potatoes! favourite!

and a last happy picture (:


love,
shermine 

No comments: