Sunday, August 27, 2006

27th

today three months ago... 10 minutes ago...

I wish i were more like my dad sometimes. he's natural at just talking and making friends. yesterday, he made friends with an old lady he hasn't met before just coz she was sitting near us. hahaha
today, he talked more to the person i was supposed to talk to than i did
It was a really stressful day.rather stressful lunch time.
We were supposed to meet this french guy from paris for lunch and everyone was expecting me to speak perfect fluent french. i brought a dictionary, a noun book and tried to memorise a lot of french phrases, questions and all that stuff. it really helped man, i just became a ridiculous bunch of nerves and i was totally stammering, not only stammering but stammering RUBBISH. the only fluent french sentence i remember saying was to tell him je ne comprends pas, tt i didn't understand whatever he just sed, I was so lousy!!! lol. well, i tried to understand wat he sed but i didn;t get it, he tried again in english, i STILL didn't get it in the end we gave up.lol. What a great impression.

Well good thing he understood quite a bit of english. so my dad was doin most of the talking. my dad kept saying "talk to him, practice ur french" then everyones looks at me expectantly and i get nervous and everything french just flew out of my head. haiz... i feel so bad. It was specially arranged for me to prac my french. My aunt didn't even want to come even tho she was the host so tt i would't get so nervous and so tt i could talk more, and what did i do? i was just ridiculously nervous.It seems more funny now tt i think of my reaction. my dad was asking me to translate pepper into french and i just forgot. then the guy supplied the answer after a round of handsigns and pointing, 'poivre', lol.
he's got a cool accent, very strong. can't really understand his french too coz the accent is too strong and it's too fast.his name is something like revolin? not sure but anyway my dad called him iodine coz tt's the closest he got. haha, then when he sed his uni's name it sounded like oxide university.
and my grandfather was being really helpful, see me only tell me not to wear dangly earrings ( the one shin,fiona and char gave) coz it's ugly then ask me to cut my hair short. hahaha, he's been asking me to cut it short for like, forever.then when 'iodine' sed tt he doesn't play football, my granddad was saying he can't play coz he's too short. -_- must be at least 5 feet 6 to play. hahah only know how to insult ppl. hahaha, anyway, i was glad when it was over. well, sort of, but i had a guilty feeling the whole way. and i made a lot of excuses not to show him around s'pore which was really mean of me, but anyway, he's not my guest, he's my aunt's guest. lol.

I'm annoyed at my own reactions, sheesh, i am weird.

~and i always say that i will react better the next time.~
I never do... ...

No comments: