Sunday, July 28, 2013

Attachment at Swiss + chch day 1 and 2


1. Attachment

Surprised myself by enjoying attachment more than I thought I would. Loved that the teachers there were all pretty young, so it was never too hard to come up with conversation topics.

I heard some strange and scary stories about giving birth though,  for example, some told me their feet expanded (like whattt?!?!), and others were talking about how expensive and painful it all was. ):

Met two other scholars who were on attachment together with me, and it was great that they were both really cool people, it's too bad that they are going back to NYC and London respectively because I've never had friends who live so nearbyyyy! With them, a project on a topic like Assessment for Learning was relatively fun as well (;

and of course, i learnt a lot from the students there. i think that the best part of teaching is that your work is all about finding ways to relate to people? of course, learning is serious business haha, but it sure beats looking at the computer all day.

and here's a picture that we took on the last day of school! (:


2. CHCH day 1 and 2! 

It's such a familiar feeling to be in chch, but I guess not everything is the same anymore...

for starters, I really miss the Singaporean friends that I came to chch with. it's definitely not the same without them.

No them means no late night chit chats and suppers together, no weekend farmer markets or beach outings. No daytrips and star gazing ):

oh well, being by myself is not a bad thing either I suppose

Here's where I'm staying! It's got a lovely garden entrance, and it's warm inside, which is so essential in 0 degrees weather!!!



had korean hotpot with Z last night at Mihyang!! hahah, i have a check list of things I want to eat, and i'm dutifully ticking them off as I go. Eating too much already!


 so good though, it came with all the complimentary sides, as well as the green onion pancake. yumsss



No comments: