Monday, September 03, 2012

school started this week, have a presentation later on ):

not very stressful, but well still hope it goes well. haha

aching from private lesson yest, wanted to drop the frequency of classes to once a fortnight, but after every lesson, i feel like i learnt so much that i can never bring myself to cancel or reduce classes. after all, only about 7 weeks left to go, means only 7 classes max.

learnt so much from my short time dancing here. i love love love the teacher. she's an amazing dancer, yet she doesnt treat me like some squelch. she really teaches me. and her technique is so clear i actually understand it. (:

indiv lessons also mean she thoroughly analyses every foot placement and hip action and corrects all my individual styling and my many bad habits (:

so grateful to her. i developed much better awareness of my legs and body and i must say my technique looks better now.

she works me very hard during lessons, its so good to ache after that (:

of course the most important thing is still that i practice what ive learnt


yesterday she taught me three variations of the cha cha frontcheck-ronde-timestep variation. and she made me do it over n over n over until she was happy with the footwork and hips. (:

even though the steps are the same, the timing is different for each variation, and she wanted to make sure i know how to bring out different timing and different emphasis on each styling. (:

so glad she's not one of those teachers who would just teach one, rather, she wants me to know all that i can (:


and of course, every lesson, we spend some time doing the very very basics, either cha locks/rumba walks/ samba crusado walks/ jive chasse step


always feel like a baby learning to walk. but its very good for me. learning to keep my thighs closed and release the hip at the right timing and working the ankles (:


ok such a technical dance post. (: prob understandable to me only haha (:

<3 br="br">

No comments: