Saturday, August 16, 2014

Food Hunting with Terence part 3

11. The Bravery Cafe (Lavender) 

The Bravery is a super hipster cafe, just a few shops away from Windowsill pies! The cafe exudes a very industrial vibe except for the Christmas lights that congregate at the center of the cafe.

This was the beef steak ciabatta, nicely done, and I loved the tomato salsa they used instead of normal tomatoes. It packs an extra punch to the whole sandwich.

This was terence's Brave Begedil! It's a poached egg with bacon and some kind of corned beef hash with potatoes and avocado. It tastes quite interesting, but in a good way! I had more than a few nibbles of his dish. 

12. PS Cafe (Ann Siang) 

Date night out was at PS cafe, Ann Siang Branch. Such a classy place, my last visit was 2 years ago, and I miss the Caesar salad 

Here it is! I added a stick of chicken to it this time, but I wished I didn't, because it was quite dry I think. The salad itself, was as good as I'd remembered though (: 

Lasagne with roasted veggies! Yum! Even Terence the pasta snob gives this a thumbs up!

And a mountain of truffle fries (15++) ! I was not expecting such a huge mountain of this, and we ended up having to tabao half of this. Truffle fries are PS cafe's signature dish though, so it was worth it i guess.

very contented and full

13. Stateland Cafe (Bugis) 

I've been saving my groupon for this, and finally had the chance to drop in and have waffles here! They have a number of yummy sounding concoctions, such as Red Velvet Waffles and this Smore's waffle here! 

It is as good as it sounds. This had  chocolate waffle base, with chocolate chips in the batter. It was topped with chocolate gelato, digestive biscuits and melted marshmallows, drizzled in chocolate sauce. Heaven!!! 

14. Teppei (Tanjong Pagar) 

Teppei is a really famous Japanese eatery, and your best bet of eating here is at lunch, where they do not take reservations. Just queue and wait to get in. Dinner omakase reservations have been booked all the way till next year! 

This is the famous Barachirashi don, with fresh sashimi pieces 


and I had the vegetable tempura set which was quite unphotogenic, but the batter was very fresh, and they fry it when you order, so it's very crispy and delicious.  I'm not sure why my vegetable tempura has a fish tempura in it. I'm not vegetarian so that's fine, but I'm not sure how other people would feel about it.

Besides the main, we got free flow of side dishes including a stew, bean sprouts, salted vegetables and beef with onions! 

All these for just $35 for two people! So value for money! no wonder it's this popular. I was so glad we made the trip down, and I'd want to go again when I can gather friends to queue with me

In any case, we didn't queue long, we arrived at 1plus on a Saturday, and waited about 10-15 minutes. 

15. Mu Parlour (Holland Village) 

We managed to catch Jasmine and Cedric for dinner at Mu Parlour in Holland Village. I'd only been there once for dessert, so i was looking forward to trying their signature burgers. 

I dont know why the bread is black, but it tastes like normal bread. I had a beef and bacon burger with cheese and it was very flavorful and juicy! i liked that a lot, and i loved the garlic fries they served together with it. I also got a milk shake which was decent.


Dessert this time was a bit disappointing. This was fromage blanc, some kind of cheese with calamansi inside. The cheese was a bit jelly like, which I found weird.

No comments: