Monday, August 11, 2014

Food Hunting with Terence Part 2

6. Windowsill Pies (Lavender) 

If you're a fan of sweet dessert pies, Windowsill Pies will be your haven! Pies are 9 dollars a slice, no gst here i think. We had a Smore's pie (chocolate fudge with chocolate mousse, biscuits and toasted marshmallows) and the other one was something like white chocolate with some kind of biscuit crumbs and truffle oil with a sprig of mint on it. The weird sounding pie was terence's choice. hahah

Both were really good, but as you can already guess, Smore's pie was my preferred pie of the two. haha Terence's truffle oil pie was surprisingly good too, but is probably more of an acquired taste. 

The cafe decor is meant to look like a cottage in the woods, so it's quite cute. There's also a rotating cafe within the same premises called Fortnight, which features a savory menu that changes every.. you guessed it, fortnight. It happened to be closed when we visited, but the last time I visited, they had things like beef steak sandwiches and chicken heart pasta on the menu.



7. Cha Cha Cha (Holland Village) 

I insisted that Terence try my favourite Mexican place in Holland village. I think I have dragged many people here because I never get sick of eating here. Terence says that there are many good Mexican places in NYC too, so I guess I will have to try that when I go over in dec!

 Flautas with beef and mashed potatoes served with guacamole and sour cream

enchiladas with ground beef

8. Katong Laksa

This was to satisfy some of Ter's local food cravings when he first came back! It's good la, but I'm not a huge laksa fan, so i have nothing much to say about it. haha

9. Malaysian Food Street (RWS) 
This was the day we pigged out on local favourites like Oyster Omelette, Prawn noodles and Char Kway teow! We were so full after gobbling everything down! 


10. 2 Chefs (commonwealth) 

No pictures, but 2 Chefs is really one of my favorite Zi Char places. It is a pity that it is rather hard to reach, and it's easiest to drive there, which means I cannot go very often. Signature dishes are he butter pork ribs coated with milk powder, and 3 egg spinach ! 

No comments: