Thursday, May 16, 2013

My first runway show! (:

I've been trying to blog recently, but blogger doesn't seem to allow me to upload photos, i have to upload to photobucket, so i shall just skip to the most recent event- the Mucota Gold hairshow i walked for on 15th may (:

I had to go for two castings during exam period, and thankfully i made it, so at least my time was not wasted (: I've always loved runway shows, but I'm not tall... so i'm glad i got to do this... I got paid as well and they gave us lots of free hair products :D

the day before the show, i went to do my hair and get fitted by the clothes sponsors. I felt very pampered, people looking after my hair, and painting my nails, and handing me clothes to try. haha, there were a total of 4 different salons taking part in the show, each with their own team of models and stylists. In my team, there were 4 female models and 2 Japanese male models. Each one was styled differently, and I was supposed to be the avant garde asian type look. So i got dark red hair and straight bangs. Our clothes theme was Japanese street fashion, so we got to wear heels. and my team was really nice, all very friendly and sweet (:

The venue was at CHIJMEs, and it was decorated all pretty with the runway, stage etc.
 photo IMG_6265_zpsaedd9f97.jpg

We spent the rest of the day in and out of hair and makeup, rehearsals, briefings etc. I felt a bit inferior at some points, cos i was definitely one of the shortest ones, and I had the highest heels on lols. and the foreign models are so professional and have got great catwalks... but they're all so nice.

 photo IMG_6277_zps320e10cf.jpg
this is my hair and make up for the full dress rehearsal.. afterwhich they curled and touched up again and again lols

 photo IMG_6274_zpsb3a4c08a.jpg
my team waiting backstage for rehearsal to start 


 photo IMG_6288_zps56b4627d.jpg
japanese hair master and I (: He is super nice (:

 photo IMG_6290_zps7d778b49.jpg
my team with stylists (: my bangs covered my face for the show, so i'm glad i didnt trip over any stairs!!

happy to have completed this event successfully! (:
 


No comments: