Saturday, March 16, 2013

Christchurch

Do I love Christchurch because I was there, or because you are there? 

It's a question I asked myself as I write my honors thesis proposal.I am going to write my HT about Christchurch place marketing after the earthquake. sometimes i feel like im bubbling over with happy thoughts when i do my research on chch.

I think to many, i'm a little crazy! the inconvenience of doing an overseas HT are so many, i have limited opportunity to conduct my field work, danger of being unfamiliar with my field sites, being unable to get local informants etc. and i'm going to risk 15module credits on a HT topic that is so farrr awayyyy. if i dont get my fieldwork done, i'm a dead duckie.

yet the thought of it makes me very happy!!! and very exciteddd!! and that's always a good thing for doing research!! excited researchers do good fieldwork! haha :D i can't wait to go back to christchurch!!!

the topic actually really also excites me, i honestly think its a very fresh topic since the quakes were pretty recent. and it's so exciting to study closely how the face of Christchurch is changing! i will get to explore parts of chch that i previously didn't!!!

i also can't really believe that i've cleared most of the major hurdles to this. i've been planning this for ages, but it had always seemed more like a wistful dream rather than reality.

My parents have approved my plans and are willing to let me have krisflyer miles to redeem an airticket!
Scholarship board have approved my attachment leave for me to go
Professor has approved my research topic
i've been working and saving money so i have funds to go!

so i am pretty much cleared to go!!! unless i write a really crappy HT proposal that makes the prof feel that i don't know what i'm going there to do. so i have to work hard on my proposal that is due 27th march!

I can't wait to eat all my favorite foods (pies and fish n chips), and see my favorite person in NZ. ((((:

He is going to accompany me to the tourist sites in chch, like the parks and the markets ! ((: and he will make mash potatoes and green tea for me :D

sometimes its good to think crazy! if i didn't i wouldnt be headed back down south, would i? ((:



No comments: