Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas is over ):

I've waited a whole year for Christmas to come, and yet it passes so quickly. Time really flies, we're getting older and older. haha

1. Itacho Sushi

It's probably the only sushi place I actually like! The roast salmon sushi is amazing, The only drawback is that we have to queue to get a table because they don't do reservations I think. But I like the variety, and the fact that we can order one of each and so, try everything! :D 

 This is the salmon sushi!!! haha, each person can only order two pieces, and sometimes they run out. Looking at it makes me want it again, even though the picture is lousy haha 


2. Poulet

I've only previously had their desserts, so it was nice trying them out for dinner

 French Onion soup wasn't that great, but the mushroom soup was creamy goodness, but really rich though.

 Chicken was soft and tender, the way it should be (:

If i were not so lazy to blog, I would be waxing lyrical about this truffle mash!!!! it had an absolutely smooth consistency, and a fantastic flavour. wish I could have some now

i think that perhaps our meal had too much cream in everything though, so we got full really quickly.

3. Paul at Taka

My favourite tea time place used to be Antoinette, but maybe Paul is just as good. It's a really popular French bistro in Taka, and the food is pretty amazing.

Hidden within our omelette were sautéed potatoes, ham, cheese, mushrooms. What I can't believe though, was how good the tomato and the salad was lols. I could just eat a whole plate of the salad. haha


Desserts!! All yummy (:
 Chocolate Mille feuille. I decided that maybe I don't like flaky pastry that much after all, but it was still good, with a chocolate mousse inside that I can't really fault.

 Strawberry tart
Lemon and raspberry shortcake. This was tart and refreshing, and a good contrast to the other two sweeter and more cloying desserts. 


No comments: