Thursday, September 26, 2013

Busy busy!!

It's recess week for me, which technically means no school, but I've been really busy, everyday is a long day! I feel like all the year 4s are soldiers, and we're caught in the thick of the fighting. haha just half a sem more to pull through!!

Instead of studying however, I am still updating this space haha

The only thing I look forward to is meeting up with people! Good food and good company are always appreciated (:

1. La Fondue 

My family went to try out this Swiss restaurant at Dempsey, and the exciting thing was that my sister, who just got her license, drove us all the way there

 I really loved the soup because it was creamy, there was truffle oil, and the croutons were crunchy. That makes for a perfect mushroom soup in my books!

 The house salad was not bad too, except too much mayo!

 They called this rosti with egg. this was mildly disappointing, because it didn't look like a rosti, but more like a ready made potato cake. Looks like something we could buy frozen and self fry. haha i don't know. but it was yummy anyway.

 Cheese fondue was really interesting, but it was toooo much cheese!! Not being regular cheese eaters, it felt a bit overbearing after a while haha

We also had bbq meat, which I really liked, the venison and beef were very tender!

All in all, I think it was a fun and quite novel experience, but it's quite expensive for lunch, after all its Dempsey (~120), and I think I can get better food for that price. So it's probably going to be a one off thing for me. haha

2, Arteastiq with C! 

I decided that I love Arteastiq! It's a perfect tea place, with pretty food and pretty decorations :D

 This is their signature orange cake with chocolate and yuzu gelato ($14++) . The gelato is super awesome!!! The cake was not bad too actually.

 Even the drinks look so pretty. This was a vanilla rose tea ($11++)  i think, and it came with a scoop of pear ice cream and biscotti!

 This was an afternoon tea set, with turkey and cheese sandwiches, salads and a cup of mushroom soup ($11.80++)

So many more things on the menu that I want to try, so I have to go back again someday (:

3. RJ lunch!
I forgot to take a picture of my tom yum noodles, but eating school food is so nostalgic and satisfying (: So happy to go back to JC and walk around. Linh called it a heritage trail hahah, it was quite sad that our time was quite tight (we both had to go to NUS to see our profs for thesis meeting), so we couldn't walk as much as we liked. But we saw a number of our teachers, so that was lovely (: we'll be back again soon!


I haven't finished updating, but i realised i have to read many papers for a meeting tmr ): so i better go now. lovelove!!

No comments: