Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

So its 13 minutes to 2013!

It's been a bittersweet year for me, many exciting things happen, and many sad things as well, but most importantly, i think that this year i really pushed myself out of my comfort zone, did things that I wanted to, dared to try things i would not have dreamt of doing. So it's all worth it i think (:


Here's a list of 10 milestones, highlights, achievements of my 2012

1. Eldon

My first and only partnership-relationship. There were many highlights and things that I learnt about myself through it, and I am also grateful for everything that happened. I am glad that we parted as friends and are both happy with new loves! (: 

2. Pre-Am Champion!!! 

I am really reallyyyy grateful to have this medal, especially since I might have to stop latin for good. Pre-Am champion is a decent last medal i think. was so elated to get that, it was a real milestone for me in my dancing life. Even if i never get to dance again, I can tell grandkids next time I did okay in latin. hahah (:

3. Thailand 

2 trips to thailand this year, lucky me :D and i'm totally in love with thailand! (: love the culture, language, and the quirks of thailand. so much i learnt from the people there.

4. NZ

of course NZ was a big part of 2012, it was 4 mths out of the whole year! NZ was a really wonderful relaxing 4 mths, in which i was utterly lazy and still did okay in school. haha, wonderful weather after i got over the initial brain freeze, and love cooking my own rice and veggies and managing my own life in general (((:

5. Photoshoots

Of course, i'm glad i did the photoshoots. a few months back, i posted a self shot of me in my red gown, and said that i would achieve all my dreams, starting with this gown. And i really did it (: i am very proud of myself for carrying through with what i said.

i enjoy photoshoots that are artistic (: i still do (:

6. Pageant

Of course, this links to the pageant. Without the photoshoots i did, i wouldnt have been able to join the pageant. haha, and i carried through with the pageant despite all the difficulties, and finished it all the way to the grand finals. i am glad to be able to say that i had the guts to join a pageant, and be one of the finalists. the experience was a memorable one.

7. Commercial Dancing

I am also pleased to say that i have been accepted into a commercial dancing troupe that puts up shows for events with latin, and contemporary themes. it's a well known name in the singapore salsa social scene,
 haha i haven't taken any assignments yet but i am pleased enough just to be taken in.

8. Editorial Internship

Completed my first editorial internship, with offer of freelance work next year, as well as external freelance writing contracts (: very pleased with how my editorial sideline is growing, and hopefully it will lead to new opportunities next year (:

9. Taiwan

Headed to Taiwan in just a couple of hours! i am so lucky to be able to travel so much this year (: will update about my trip again!

10. Z

Of course, Z is the highlight of my 2012 (: Even though i dont get to see him often, but the times of seeing him are enough to compensate for the times he isn't around. Someday, it would be nice to live in the same country again haha. So glad to have met him (:


Photobucket 
 i will definitely continue to let myself have new experiences all the time (:


Wishing everyone a happy new year! and may 2013 be awesome for all of you!

as for me, 2012 has been an awesome year full of unexpected surprises and I am sure that 2013 will be full of new adventures and new memories to be created!

God bless!
lovelove

No comments: