Tuesday, December 21, 2010

i am really very very grateful to God for many many things!



1. for the nose on my face

okay, i was very upset over a new zit that came out recently, and i've been obsessing over how un-sharp my nose is and all that insecurity stuff. but then, i saw the time magazine article about a woman who got her nose and ears cut off. and i suddenly realised that perspective is everything. what is a little zit compared to having no nose? ): and i felt really guilty about being so discontented. ):

sorry God. i'm grateful i have a nose, and live in a country where they won't cut it off.

2. for a realllll nice latin dance partner

okay, my partner is really an awesome guy, i always take way longer to remember my steps, and seriously, thank God he's so patient and nice about everything, and doesn't get huffy and mad, because that would make me 10 times more stressed than i already get when i can't remember my steps. haha, and he'll kinda cue me in to what i'm supposed to be doing, and direct me to my position, so it doesn't look as if i'm that lost. (:

anyway, we're dancing paso doble together for the competition, i think it will be fun! (:

oh, and i don't know why, but perhaps its the culture of latin dancing that guys have to be very gentlemanly. they are the ones to invite the girls to be their partners, and at the end, they'll say thank you. and it's all very nice (: I like it very much.


3. i found the perfect red outfit!


went with jess to buy a beautiful velvet red dress, and i've paired it with golden hoops, golden chain belt and golden heels, and i really love the royal effect! i've been thinking about making this outfit come true for a long while, and now it has!!!! (: at low budget too (:

4. those functions my dad gets invited to

I love love love love love going to these formal functions that my dad goes to, and i go too on my mom's behalf. haha, i love having an occasion to dress up for, i love all the refined food they serve at these events and i love going to posh places. and together, they create such a surreal, magical feel, like everything else fades away for a little while. i was even awestruck by how pretty the restrooms were, and how they provided scented body lotion in there, and nail filers and all the nice stuff!


ok that was a long entry, but wow, i have many things to thank God for!!! it's almost Christmas, and it's His birthday, yet, He's giving me presents instead!!!!



lovelove

No comments: